It’s almost that time of year, when Isle of Wight photography club members dust off their photos and take the plunge within the inter-club competition circuit to try and gain individual credit for their photographic masterpieces.
The ‘All Island Picture Of The Year’competition, allows members of all camera clubs a pot shot at the coveted title.
Update: As members of the IWDIG are aware, we are not competition based, our ethos since inception (2004) is to advance photographic knowledge with a range of monthly photography tasks, workshops and challenges. In advertising the ‘All Island Picture or Print Of The Year’ we provide photographers the opportunity to experience first hand an inter-club style competition, and offer a taste of the historical photographic genre with the possibility of triumph in a stand alone win.
Initially founded by Bembridge Camera Club, the ‘All Island Picture Of The Year’ competition has now been hosted by Focus Ryde Imaging Group for several years and will take place in Binstead Community Centre at 7.30pm prompt on Friday 16th November 2012.
The competition judge this year will be David Betts.
To enter you must be a fully paid up member of one of the recognised Photography/Camera Clubs/Groups on the Isle of Wight. Photographers can enter a total of 4 mounted prints – 2 x colour and 2 x black and white. (Read Rules In Full Below)
For details of how to get there view Map Click HERE:
Kevin Etherington (Competition Secretary for Focus) provided this competition reminder on 29th October of the rules for the all Island Picture of the Year.
- Any island Photographic, Digital and Camera club can enter.
- Prints submitted must be by a fully paid member of said clubs.
- Even though the prints entered are from a member of said clubs, the prints stand-alone for the individual member and are not club related.
- Four prints are permitted from each member, Two of Colour and Two of Black and White. ( Monochrome, Duo-tone, Tri-tone )
- There are no time limit on when the prints were taken and there is no limit on the amount of previous competitions the prints have entered before but must not have been entered in past All Island Print of the Year competitions.
- Mount size is up to 16 x 20
- Name of author and print title to be put on the back of print or mount and clearly legible. ( there is no need to submit titles ahead of time )
- All Black and White images will be judged and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be selected.
- All coloured images will be judged and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be selected.
- Then the 1st placed Black and White print will be judged against the 1st placed coloured print and an overall winner will be chosen to become the All Island Print of the Year.